May 14 2018 Meeting
Alan Becker will demonstrate his CA finish for Turnings.
Kathy Knorr will give a quick presentation and handouts on Using a Smartphone Camera for documenting your woodturning. Apple and Android phones will be shown.
The primary objective is to help you get your camera settings correct for clear and focused attractive photos of your turnings.
Editing and sharing of your photos will also be discussed! Apple and Android quick tips are below with links ..
HDR is high definition resolution and works miracles! Try it out:
- Launch the Camera app
- Tap on HDR.
- Choose between On, Off, and Auto.
How to Edit and Share from the Camera:
- Launch the Camera appfrom your Home screen or Lock screen and take a photo.
- Tap the thumbnail buttonat the bottom left.
- Choose an action.
- Tap the Share buttonto access AirDrop, messaging and social functions, and action options.
- Tap the Edit buttonto access red-eye removal, filters, cropping and trimming, light and color tools, Markup and more.
- Tap the Favorite button(it looks like a heart) to save a photo to your Favorites album.
- Tap the Trash iconto delete the photo or video.
- Tap the photos Scrubber barto select a different photo.
Find the camera settings:
- From the home screen, touch the applications tab (located on the bottom of the screen).
- Touch Camera.
- Touch the camera symbol.
- Touch the appropriate settings icon.
- Adjust the camera setting: Focus mode. Exposure mode. Scene mode. Picture size. Picture quality. Color effect. Store location. White balance. Flash mode. Zoom.
This is selfie mode…. click once to return to the photo mode.
Samsung 7: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtPCS-_GzSQ
Samsung 8 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39VgFgU9-Ok
A few tips:
TEW smartphone photos – a PDF of a few ways to navigate to your phones Camera Settings!