AAW January 22, 2022 Online
Registration is open for these educational and fun learning events! Members and Non-Members, links included to register!
AAW Presents: Mark Sfirri
Design Approaches for Woodturning
Saturday, January 22, 2022
3:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Join us online for an intriguing presentation by Mark Sfirri, who will explore woodturning design and offer suggestions to expand the scope of your work and make it more reflective of your own personality and interests. (This is an informative and inspiring presentation and not a demonstration.)
In his own work, Mark uses a wide variety of techniques, including multi-axis turning, carving, and surface design, to create the components he incorporates into furniture, as well as the stand-alone objects he turns.
In this presentation, Mark will discuss the inspirations for his designs and the importance of changing directions, as well as the work and influences of other makers. He’ll share stories about collaborations and the lessons he learned from those experiences. Key takeaways from this session include:
- Ability to think more creatively about the objects that you want to make.
- Understand methods to research and educate yourself about design.
- Know ways to use turning for personal expression.
(This is an informative and inspiring presentation and not a woodturning demonstration.)
- $10 AAW members, $15 all others
- Preregistration required. Replay will be available to registered attendees only.
- All experience levels are welcome.
- The presentation is expected to last approximately 120 minutes.
- Registration is open through through Friday, January 21, at noon Eastern Time.
Confirmation/Receipt and Event Link
- After registering, you will receive a receipt/confirmation by email.
- A link to the event will be sent by email approximately 24-hours prior to the event. Day-of registration links will be sent immediately prior to the event.
Read an article by Mark Sfirri: